Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Journal of SSEAYP 2008 (Day 18)

7/11/2008 – Day 18 (Home Stay in Brunei)

Wake up early and as schedule, breakfast and COH meeting. We have free time until 12 noon. When to the upper deck and can see the fisherman boat and some Brunei alumni waiting to be on board. Kak ida told me that pdot already in Brunei. I was so happy I really miss him. He is the only one exPY that really helps allot. I finish pack my home stay luggage since yesterday so I have free time now, and cant wait to meet my home stay parent + mine home mate. I hope to get a family near to the town, so that I cant do shopping easily.

After lunch we need to be assemble at dolphin hall by 1.30 p.m. There will be orientation and some briefing on the schedule + we will be given our nametag to know who is our home stay parent and home stay mate.

We will be going to the Stadium for the matching ceremony and only that I can know who are my foster parents. Mine home mate is Alex from Cambodia.

I meet pidot there, and almost cry. Linda really hugged him. We all really miss him. We can just see all BYP was so happy, there are home. BPY was so helpful and introduce their family member also. They really welcome us with warm welcome.

My foster family home is 1 hour from Muara near to oil and gas. It already 10.45 when we reach to the stadium and today is Friday and there will be Friday prayer soon. My foster father and Matin our foster brother was there to welcome us. He took us to the town of Brunei Darussalam. The 1st visit is the royal galleria places all Sultan Brunei history. The opening hour will be until 12.00 p.m. We only have ½ hour to finish our tour. We are not allowed to take any picture inside the galleria.






Kak Ida was there also with her foster parents. Then we when to one of the shopping mall for ur lunch. I really wana eat KFC. My foster father asks us what we want to eat. So we decide to eat KFC. After eat KFC he and Mantin left for their Friday prayer and let me and Alex to do some shopping in the shopping mall and will meet him back at the KFC entrance at 2.15p.m. We when around the shopping mall and I bough stem & develop some of the picture during the sailing. Boughs a chocolate box for our foster mother that waiting us back home.



We when around the shopping mall and I bough stem & develop some of the picture during the sailing. Boughs a chocolate box for our foster mother that waiting us back home.





We visited almost all the museum in Brunei. After that my foster father drove us back. Alex and I were tired and we sleep during the journey back. The weather sunny like back home. I can just say I’m home. Brunei is neighbor to my beloved country Malaysia and most of the culture is the same.
6 o’clock it already getting darker and it already Magrib. We reach home and been show our room. I took shower and we will be having our dinner by 8 o’clock. The house is big and clean. I love this kampong type house. It so lovely and the house is fully air conditioner 24 hours, hehehe..
We took dinner and have local snack and chit chating with the family member. Sleep early. Tired traveling...

No comments:

Post a Comment