Thursday, January 8, 2009

Journal of SSEAYP 2008 (Day 19)

8/11/2008 – Day 19 (Home Stay in Brunei)

Alex and I wake up 7.30 a.m. took shower and ready to explore Brunei with our foster family. Mum cook breakfast. Today schedule are going to the 1st place was discover in Brunei. My camera battery is running out, so I have told Alex and she say no worries can use her if I want to take picture.

I told mum that I want to go to the convenient store to buy some food & toiletries. She says we will drop by before back to home. Lumut is one of the historical place for Brunei oil & gas. Here they found oil that makes Brunei is one of the oil production countries in Asia and the foster parent working in the same industries Oil & Gas.

During the journey we can see a lot of oil pump machine. I don’t really familiar with oil and gas operation. So our foster parent has told us about the history and info about the industries. These industries give a lot of profit but in the same time Lumut also know as a prohibited area. If the oil pump explore it can burn the entire Lumut prefecture in only less that 2 hours. Scary…



the 1st oil n gas in brunei was found here.


alex and awin


with other py's that was there too..


Mohd Addey - uniform


one of the momument in Lumut town.

with alex,mum & matin,

The weather was a bit stuffy and makes me fell tired. When to the convenient store to by some noodles & biscuit for noodle party on board. Took lunch and have a nap.
I really miss MaPY. Can’t stop thinking of them. Kak ida, wann & eifa.

Home stay in Brunei really a home stay. That evening when for Jungle Tracking with anissa & matin. Was a really a explore to the Brunei rain forest.

I felling so tired maybe because of the PDT. I still can fell the streets and tomorrow when we back on Nippon Maru it will be our turn. Malaysia National Day……

Souvenir time, both of us receive a t-shirt and a special edition Mug of Brunei Mosque. This is the best moment. We exchange gift and take photo. The snack was nice and I really enjoy my stay Brunei. It the same feeling that you are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment