Sunday, January 11, 2009

Journal of SSEAYP 2008 (Day 20)

9/11/2008 – Day 20 (Disembark From Muara to Tanjong Periuk Port, Indonesia)

Wake up quick early, today is our last day in Brunei, feeling sad but in the same time happy. We are gong back to Nippon Maru, our home. I already miss everyone, MaPY my cabin mate, Lillian & Puifei. Took breakfast, Nasi Katok, one of the Brunei traditional breakfasts, it same like nasi lemak, only the difference are it a plain rice.

I enjoy all the food in Brunei, sama macam kat Malaysia, speak malay and the culture is similar with my beloved country Malaysia.

Load our luggage in the car and we leave the home. Anissa & Matin follow us Anissa is so cute and talkative, she speak English were well and she just 7 years old girl his brother Matin, a bit quite but also a friendly boy. We when to ‘Tamu’ it the morning market to buy some traditional cake to bring back. My foster mum also bought us some cake and a Tudung Saji for us.

I told Alex that I will miss Anissa & Matin there are the one that make our trip memorable with the Miau-Miau cheers. Alex sang the song so well.










We when to one of the 7 star resort in Brunei that belong to the royal family.
The hotel is so elegant and so unique. Took photo and enjoy the sceneries.

We when for lunch at Pizza Hut, the last lunch in Brunei, we let Matin and Anissa to decide the menu, and there decide to eat Pizza Hut.

Watching cartoon wile eating pizza in the shop. It almost 11.30 a.m and we need to reach to Muara port before 12.30 p.m. I wana buy some gossip magazine but all the shop that we stop don’t have. So no luck!
We reach Muara Port about 12.10p.m. and we have to park our car out side the port for security reasons. For all Py’s this is our 1st open ship experience, so we need to change our attire to A2 and have to wear name plat. The admin staff was waiting the welcome and us by saying, Welcome back!! I was so happy that I’m back to Nippon Maru.

Abah waited us in front of the entrance, we need to sign and mention our health condition. I was the 1st to arrive in my cabin. The cabin is super clean and took shower and change to A2 attire.


After get ready I when out to sit with my foster parent, we will be disembark at 4.00 p.m. and the open ship will start at 1.00p.m. Looking for Alex so that when the open ship start we will please to show our foster parent the Nippon Maru.

My foster father is an ex BPY. So he was happy to be on board again, and he share some story with us also. MaPY was every where and I can just say hi,,, Miss you and ask them about there home stay. Some of us have luck to stay at Kampung Air village, one of the heritage and a landmark for Negara Brunei Darussalam.

The open ship starts sharp 1.00p.m and went to dining hall for a drink. There serve orange juice to all visitors and the crewmember welcome everyone with a smile It really a new experience. My foster father tell us that when his was a py the dinning hall a bit difference and smaller and now it big and beautiful.

The tour start 1.20 p.m. and Alex and me bring our foster family around, from 2nd floor up to the 5th floor, other floor are prohibited for visitor, security reason.

Took picture at the dolphin hall and out side deck. Meet other PY’s foster family, say hello and thanks them for everything.




It really a nice to see everyone was happy and smiling to new faces, the felling that the all of the foster family have a big heart and welcome us to there houses and help us discovery Brunei from the warm hospitality. I already start fell sad, we will be leaving Brunei soon.

After the open ship all PY’s are require to be assembly at Dolphin Hall for orientation on closing ceremony and flag cheers! Soma our flag cheers head brief us. Hafis distribute flag and this is our 1st flag cheers, nervous it same time I cant wait.

We did some mistake during the flag cheers but we still enjoy the flag cheers anyway we are here to happy and this SSEAYP is not a competition platform. Pidot was there also to support us, all MaPY was so happy to see him there. He give us courage and wish us all the best.

Stand in front of us foster family while holding our National flag was a very honor. One of the ministries gives his speech and says thanks to all foster family. I already feel sad and started to cry. We will be assembly back in Dolphin Hall for ribbon ceremony.






I cant stop cry, Alia also was crying, hug her and told her that we will be missing them. Salam with mum and say thanks for all her love and spend time with us. We will going to miss Matin & Anissa.

I grab blue color ribbon and throw down and dad hold it. Alex did the same. I and Alex did Anissa cheers, Miau-Miau.. The ship already moving and I already start to fell sad again. Cry and hug Alex. Told her that that for being my wonderful foster sister. We will always remember you. I just keeping shouting with others PY’s, say Terima Kasih Brunei, Terima Kasih, Love You!!! And I really cry. Hug Alia and cry, wann was there to clamed me down.

The contingent meeting will be at 5.00p.m at dolphin hall. Run back to cabin and change to t-shirt and track.

We start the meeting at 5.15p.m. Home stay meeting, to discover if any py’s facing any difficulties during their home stay.
To be continue..... with our ND training

No comments:

Post a Comment