Friday, December 19, 2008

Journal of SSEAYP 2008 (Day 4)

24/10/08 - Day 4

Wake up early; Apparel was my roommate for the night. She wake up early and took shower. Ready for breakfast, we were given breakfast coupon yesterday together with the dinner allowance. I only eat bread and a cup of coffee, most of the food seems not halal. The weather was cold and raining that morning. The local youth informs as to bring all luggages and gather at the lobby. We will be going institution visit today in one the high School,
And after that we will go to visit Nagoya Castle, one of the historical palaces in Aichi prefecture. Some of us were wearing the SG-G t-shirt that has been sponsor by Laos P.D.R contingent. I was wearing Punjabi suit, the schedule mention to wear some traditional wear to show the student latter on.

I sat with Delia and ask her if she felling better, she still having fever. During the journey to High School, the local youth has brief day 4 schedules. Because of the rain, the bus can’t park the bus in front of the hotel so we need to run to the bus. I was shivering it to cold the temperature was 15C. Dedi help me carry my big luggage, it was heavy and the road was slippery so I need to walk slowly.

We reach the High School in 15-minute time, we was welcome by the Teachers. It was a warm welcome. J. Delia and me did some presentation of our country Malaysia for 2 minute in front of the school student.

After the presentation the high school student teach us how to write our name in Japanese, It was a really a greet experience, the way to hold the brush and write our follow the word.









It was a great experience to learn new culture with high school student. After that we invited for lunch in the school canteen, it still raining, I was a bit sad, after this we are going to Nagoya Castle but it still raining!!

We all when to the canteen and had our lunch, I eat sandwich and some shrimp tempura with Japanese tea. Delia will give thanks you speech behaves of Py & local youth.

The rain stop, Yahoo!! Nagoya Castle, here SG-G coming!! We were divided to 5 py in each group. I was in the 1st group with Mummy Becky (PNL), Sin (Cpy), Jasmine (Lpy), and Marco (Bpy). I really enjoy the trip, we learn about Japanese culture & the architecture of the castle.

We was accompany by local youth to show us around, the 1st adventure was to try the Japanese amour, It was so heavy and I really look so difference.






Group 1 , Mummy Becky, Awin, Marco, Jasmine & Shin (hehehe)

After that we walk to the castle, the weather are so child. The architecture of the building amazed me.



Walk around the 8 stories castle really great experience. The castle have a dolphin fish on the roof, the dolphin symbolizes the castle. I have been told that the dolphin statue are made from real golden.





We eat ice- cream and snap our group photo in front of the beautiful castle, five of us together.





We spend almost 3 hours in the castle, after this we will going to the matching ceremony at one of the hotel in Aichi. The dress code for the matching ceremony is traditional dress. I wear the same Punjabi suit that I wear early this morning. Each of us was given a color ribbon; mine was yellow, so any one that wears the same color will be my home stay sister. PuiFei a Tpy has the same color of ribbon, she is my roommate when we will be onboard. Hehehe,, so I get to know 1st.

The changing room was open, I can’t change in front of them, so I went to the wash room and change. Delia seriously wasn’t not felling well. I was worried, she has fever and she feeling like throwing out. She changes to Kurung Batik.

The banquet hall was full with Japanese people, and one of them are my future foster parents, I just can’t wait to know how is my foster parents. This is my 1st home stay forever and it in Japan!

Sharp 7.30 p.m the ceremony began with the performance of the gong by the local youth. I want feeling hungry, I don’t really know Y! Maybe too tired because of the weather and I don’t really have enough rest since the PDT. It to scary to remember Mapy PDT, for the 1st time in Kabesa history Mapy 2008 only given 5 day training for PDT, national day practice was the scary. Delia is really not feeling well and the IYEO officer give her medication after she vomited.

I inform mummy, as she is our National Leader for SG-G, she advice Delia to rest in hotel and only go to home stay tomorrow morning. Delia was up sad, but we all try to support her and hope she will be fine and can go home stay tomorrow morning.

All SG-G member did performance for 5 minute, every contingent representative sing there best cheers and I did my cheers alone, since Delia is sick! Eh eh ewah ewah ewah…. Ouh mantap,,,!! It was cute, hehehe...

The ceremony finish at 8.45 p.m my self and Puifei change our dress. My foster father, sister & brother was there, my foster mother are at home, waiting for us, I been inform my foster sister that the journey to home will take 45 minute from the hotel. Puifei and me were just smiling. We carry our luggage and enjoy the ride by sleeping! Hehehe, both of us were tired and really fell sleepy.

Reach home, the house is kind of apartment and near to padi field. Our foster mother was there. Warm welcome, both of us we serve with hot chocolate.

The house was full with books & both my foster parent are schoolteacher. There are 5 members in the family. We introduction our self. The family has foster 1 Mapy, Mala 2 years back, she the same batch with pidot. It was a nice to know that there know about Malaysia culture.

Check my email and upload photo into my friendster. Sleep with 3 layer of blanket, it to cold. Good Night Puifei and after 5 minute I already sleep.











No comments:

Post a Comment