Monday, December 22, 2008

Journal of SSEAYP 2008 (Day 7)

27/10/08 – Day 7
(The big day for us – JASEAN Youth Leaders Summit + Exhibition)

Morning start with exercise at 7.00 a.m. after that with C1 attire Mapy walked to the café for breakfast. Abah was there already, having breakfast with Abah (INL). Wann, Kak Ida & I really enjoy the breakfast; there was cereal, bread, coffee and some fresh juice.





Briefing will start at 9.00a.m. We finish our breakfast and take our own time. Guys were in a mood making new cheers. Kak Ida was a bit stress. She is our head of culture. She worried of the performance later. We have not been in rehearsal almost 5 day since we are in Japan. I was worried to; even I’m not the dancer for today performance.



The 1st schedule for the day is Discussion. We are going to meet our facilitator today. My discussion group is Volunteer Activities (DG-7). Hideaki Miyachi are appointed to be our DG-7 facilitator. During the orientation only Py’s with the Press tag are allowed to take photo. This is kind of official SSEAYP’08 program. The session finish around 10.30 and after this is the rehearsal for the introduction of each contingent. Crown Princess Masako, princess of Japan will attend the opening ceremony of Japan – Asean Youth Leader Summit for the 2008. Pavani and I have been chosen to meet the Princess during the exhibition.

Crown Princess Masako

Everyone start to get busy with the exhibition and the rehearsal. As a exhibition committee, we need to get our exhibition booth ready in 2 hours time and we are lack of time. The measurement was given early during our PDT was not the same? We were so jam! With the help of local youth and MaPY, we manage to make our booth look more happening. It not the same plan when we was in Youth Center in KL. Hehehe,,


Then Pavani & me run to have a quick lunch and change to traditional costume. I was wearing sary. I really look difference. We are late, we need to be in the exhibition hall by 12.20 and now already 12.40p.m.


The hall was so quite and I was so nerves, the Princess will enter the hall any time and our bunting has fall down!! Pavani and I were so worried and with the help of local youth, he is Malaysian, we manage to hang back the banner at the place it belongs! I was sweating; wearing sary and I don’t really fell comfortable anymore.

The Princess enters the hall with 2-body guard beside her. I told Pavani, I so scared, I have not been talking to a princess before this. She asks me to relax. The Princess was so sweet, she sake hand with us and was welcoming Malaysia Contingent to Japan. She is beautiful. I still can’t believe I really talking with the Princess. We are not allowed to take photo with her.


After her visit to each booth, Pavani & I will join other MaPY in the hall to join the opening ceremony. The opening ceremony begins with the speech from IYEO program manager. I can see all MaPY that will do the performance are tense up! All I can do is to support and wish them good luck.

The performance begin with Port of Call order, began with Negara Brunei Darussalam follow by Indonesia, Kingdom Of Thailand, Kingdom of Cambodia, Viet Nam, Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos P.D.R, Singapore and last but not lease Japan.

Our Malaysia contingent presentation was the color full. I was so happy and I really cry. The tense is over and all MaPY was smiling.


The exhibition was a greet success. MaPY’08. Enjoy the photo




MaPY'08- Good Job!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment